8IN strives to achieve the highest standards of integrity and endeavours to conduct business around the world in a responsible and ethical way. It is important that those who act on the organization's behalf ensure 8IN's compliance by adhering to the same standards and expectations.
8IN CODE OF CONDUCT
We, the members and employees of 8IN, recognize the importance of our technologies in affecting the quality of life throughout the world and we accept a personal obligation to our professions, the members of 8IN, and other individuals involved in 8IN activities in our fields of interest. By this obligation, we commit ourselves to the highest standards of integrity, responsible behaviour, and ethical and professional conduct. We agree to be bound by the following rules:
1. Be respectful of others
2. Treat people fairly
3. Avoid injuring others, their property, reputation or employment
4. Refrain from retaliation
5. Comply with applicable laws in all countries where 8IN does business and with the 8IN policies and procedures
8IN CODE OF ETHICS
We, the members of the 8IN, in recognition of the importance of our technologies in affecting the quality of life throughout the world, and in accepting a personal obligation to our profession, its members and the communities we serve, do hereby commit ourselves to the highest ethical and professional conduct and agree:
I. To uphold the highest standards of integrity, responsible behaviour, and ethical conduct in professional activities.
1. to hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public, to strive to comply with ethical design and sustainable development practices, to protect the privacy of others, and to disclose promptly factors that might endanger the public or the environment;
2. to improve the understanding by individuals and society of the capabilities and societal implications of conventional and emerging technologies, including intelligent systems;
3. to avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest whenever possible, and to disclose them to affected parties when they do exist;
4. to avoid unlawful conduct in professional activities, and to reject bribery in all its forms;
5. to seek, accept, and offer honest criticism of technical work, to acknowledge and correct errors, to be honest, and realistic in stating claims or estimates based on available data, and to credit properly the contributions of others;
6. to maintain and improve our technical competence and to undertake technological tasks for others only if qualified by training or experience, or after full disclosure of pertinent limitations;
II. To treat all persons fairly and with respect, to not engage in harassment or discrimination, and to avoid injuring others.
7. to treat all persons fairly and with respect, and to not engage in discrimination based on characteristics such as race, religion, gender, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression;
8. to not engage in harassment of any kind, including sexual harassment or bullying behaviour;
9. to avoid injuring others, their property, reputation, or employment by false or malicious actions, rumours or any other verbal or physical abuses;
III. To strive to ensure this code is upheld by colleagues and co-workers.
10. to support colleagues and co-workers in following this code of ethics, to strive to ensure the code is upheld, and to not retaliate against individuals reporting a violation.